Wednesday, March 24, 2010

God, I Hate Writing

In my continuing efforts to remain creatively viable, I've decided to start blogging again. It's not that I think anyone is actually paying attention, or would even care if they were. It's more about the fact that I'm in the midst of a creative dry spell and need to do something, anything, to get out of it.

So, what to blog about? Who the fuck knows. I've spent so much time over analyzing this very topic, I thought it might be a good idea to write about it. But the truth is, writing can be such a frustrating experience for me that I'm surprised I got this far. I don't know why, but there's something about seeing that blinking cursor that pisses me off. I don't know why, but it's been going on for years. We just don't get along that well. And I don't see us reconciling anytime soon. Which makes me think we ought to call it quits. I'd rather we went our separate ways than spend the rest of our lives making each other miserable.

The moral of the story? Relationships are complicated and sometimes you have to know when to walk away. It doesn't mean I'm done with writing, it just means that my relationship with it isn't working anymore. Good riddance. I should have kicked its ass out a long time ago...

No comments: